Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter Tilda Style



I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I am having a great weekend. My wonderful husband took me to breakfast, he vacuumed the house, then took me for coffee and a delicious piece of chocolate lemon cake from Burdicks. Burdicks is an awesome chocolatier. Boy was that yummy!!! I am very blessed to have such an awesome guy.

Tomorrow I am going to my mom's for dinner. I made this Easter card for her. Here is what I used to create:

Magnolia Stamp -Little Tilda Bunny & Honey Jar
Prim Poppy Memory Box Die
Jolees embellishments
Paper from my stash
Ribbon
Paper Dolie

In order to give the card the homespun style I used small squares to create a patchwork effect. The dolie for the lace, some ribbon and the honey jar. I used distress ink around all the edges to give a bit of vintage feel. The flowers were popped up using pop dots as was the bunny, jar and some of the eggs to give the card some added dimension.

I am entering this card in the following Challenges:

Midweek Magnolias- Week #5 Homespun Style

Just Magnolia - Anything Goes

Magnolia-Licious - INSPIRATIONAL CHALLENGE

17 comments:

  1. Love the pink and chocolate together! What a delightful card. All your special touches are so precious and I'm sure your mum will love the card...hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the egg on the ribbon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, what a gem of a hubby you have. And congrats on the 30 years. Beautiful card. Love the colour combo of pink and brown--one of my faves. Cute Tilda--shucks I don't have this one--beautifully coloured. Love the poppy die.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen!
    Oh this is so cute. I love this Tilda. I don't own this one either. Love how you put her on the honey jar with the Easter egg beside her.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey, where'd you find a hubby like that?? Has he got a brother?? LOL!! You lucky gal! I'd actually settle for the chocolate lemon cake, sounds d'lish!
    Love your bunny card, this is just adorable and your colour combo is fab! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at MWM and have a Happy Easter! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky lady!! fabulous gift card Kathy, I'm sure you Mum will love it. Thank you for joining us this week over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck in the draw and have a Wonderful Easter with your family.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is so adorablly cute! I love the "Bunny Love" sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful card Karen. I am certain you mother will love. Gorgeous color combo: love pink and brown together. Very lovely scene you created. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen this is adorable!!! LOVE THE COLORs and the deets..
    Happy Easter and big hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter Karen, so so cute!!! Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. IHope your Easter dinner was good. Your card is pretty with the cream, pink and brown. Also the bunny she is the best, so sweet sitting on the jar. Also love the scene you created, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is delightful, I love the pink and brown together, just lovely
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chocolate lemon cake - now I am going crazy craving chocolate lemon cake. Your husband sounds like a keeper!!! Your Easter creation is delightful, I really like those Easter eggs. Have a great week Karen!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super adorable and cute Easter card with beautiful little details :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH Soooooo Adorable!!! Fantastic coloring and scene!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so so sweet!!!! Wow I love this card!!!!! What a beautiful Easter creation!!!!! way to go Karen!!!! Stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!