Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wizard Tilda gets a New Hat and some Exciting News




Happy Saturday,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! We finally had a sunny day, a little on the cold side but I will take it. Next Saturday is the pumpkin festival which a yearly event. Keene, NH actually made the Guinness Book of World Records 8 times for over thirty thousand carved pumpkins.  My husband and I don't go on Saturday anymore there are just too many people. Keene has about 22,000 and about 28,000 attend the event from all over the country.... So in honor of that I made this spooky witches hat. And lastly, I am so excited I am going to be a guest designer in November for 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog!!!

The hat was fun to make but a bit of a challenge. I bought a cardboard frame at Michaels then I bought fabric from Joannes which I used to cover the hat. I also bought the tulle which I gathered around the brim. Here is a picture of the hat before it was decorated.


Here is a different angle:






How about a closer look at Tilda:


Here is what I used to create my project:
Magnolia Stamp: Wizard Tilda
Copic Markers
Glow in the dark glitter
Liquid glass for her spectacles
Graphic 45 paper: Happy Hauntings
Fabric
Tulle
Spider web & Spider
Martha Stewart bat stickers
Flowers, mini pumpkins & broom
Ribbon
Cherry Lynn -Large Flourish Die
Tim Holtz - Clock
Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs

I am entering my project in the following challenges
Totally Tilda -Challenge #57 - Halloween Tilda
7 Kids College Fund- Challenge #58 - Black & Orange

25 comments:

  1. your witches hat is fabulous Karen, I love all the details, congrats on your GDT spot
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen your witches hat is gorgeous..you put allot of work into it and
    it shows it.I just love it. Congratulation on your GDT,
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....Your witches hat is fantastic. Congratulations to GDT,
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is WICKED awesome!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this was worth every minute you put into it! It is gorgeous! I love Tilda on there, too! Congrats on your GDT spot! They knew a star when they saw your work!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing witches hat Karen, fabulous details and such a sweet Tilda. Congratulations on your Gdt spot, you will be an asset to 7kids.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this awesome cute Tilda creation..looks like a labour of love..great details & colours, the clock face is a clever touch.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda chall this wk.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's beautiful, fabulous. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the DT position! This witch's hat is totally wonderful. Lots of great details too. You did an amazing job!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my what a great project!!! Very creative and fun!!!
    Congrats on your guest DT spot.
    hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job, Karen. I love your hat and your Wizard Tilda is adorable on this. The tulle really makes it a fabulous creation.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness....this is fantastic!! I love how you made the hat and adding Tilda is perfect! Oh and congrats on the GD for 7 Kids!!! It's very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Karen - just had to say I love your blog - I just stopped by while I was posting my links for the inky blog hop tomorrow (you are after me in the list so I was adding the link) I was away on holiday when the new term started and I've been playing catch up ever since! I love your style - your designs are fab - great that you joined the inky team hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZER your Halloween project is fantastic ...great details, thank you for joining us at Totally Tilda this time ...good luck!

    xx Hugs Lizzy & TT team

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi again Karen - thank you so much for visiting my blog - we have a vacation home in Davenport Florida and we visit as often as possible we will be back again for about 10 days at Thanksgiving (to do our Christmas shopping in the sales!) - have a great week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is just too cool! I love the hat and of course the addition of Tilda completes it. Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic witch hat!!!! LOVE IT!!!

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous creation, details are amazing
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!!!! 7 Kids will love having your creativity!! I love your hat, what a great piece for Halloween decorating. It is so pretty and yet spooky for the occasion, I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a witching hat!!!! Love all the spiderweb and the sweet Tilda! Thanks for joining us this time at Totally Tilda and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome witch's hat, Karen. So creative of you. Fabulous embellishments and I really love this Wizard Tilda.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  22. omgosh, this is so fantastic!!! I love creative 3d projects like this. Stunning. Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund this week. :

    ReplyDelete
  23. omg this is brilliant, I so want it!!!! thanks for joining our halloween challenge at Totally Tilda, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a spectacular hat so much lovely detail and fantastic colouring
    Thanks for spooking us girls @ the Totally Tilda Challenge with your fab creation
    Hugs Susie Sugar , Lisa and Suzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's BOOTIFUL. Such a cool creation Halloween creation :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!