Thursday, February 9, 2012

Beautiful Butterfly


Wow tomorrow is Friday! I am so looking forward to the weekend so that I can do some major crafting.

My inspiration for the card came from the Memory Box Blog Blitz. I stamped the Memory Box Damask Butterfly with a brown ink. I used my Memory Box Vivieene Butterfly Die which I placed on top of the Damask Butterfly. The design of the stamp on the right side of the butterfly peeks through the die cut pieces. I used my Spellbinder Scalloped Circle as the background for the butterfly. I inked the edges with Distress Ink Antique Linen and a light pink Bazzil ink. The paper is some Memory Box paper I had in my stash. I could not find the name of it but it was one of my favorites. To finish the look I used the Tilda Buckle die from Poppy Stamps which I threaded the cream ribbon through.

Let me know what you think!

I am entering this card in the Memory Box Blog Blitz.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute card,great design. Thanks for sharing and thanks for your visit to my blog. hugs, Frances DT 7 Kids Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful Butterfly, Lovely done!!

      Hugs,
      Patricia

      Delete
  2. Karen - this is absolutely gorgeous - so creative. I sure wish you had one of those e-mail subscriby things on your blog and then I would not miss a thing. Both Frances and Patricia are great designers. You are too cute lady and this is wonderful. Thanks so much for visiting me today and leaving such a sweet comment.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a subscribe to email, does it not show on your end?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love that something this pretty can be made without stamping and coloring. The butterfly and the ribbon slide dies are so pretty.

    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!