Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Flip Flop Tilda and MiaMia Flamingo go to the Beach



Happy Tuesday,

How's your week going? Today I spent the day with about 200 Pre K - 1st grade teachers and Dr. Jean Feldman. We did a lot of singing and fun activities. I have the song "If your happy and you know It" stuck in my head. Don't forget about my blog candy. There are lots of new Magnolias coming soon....click here!

I got my new photo box. I am experimenting; I think it will take more practice to improve my photos.

I got the wooden beach sign at Michaels for .80 cents this weekend. The minute I saw it I had to have it and I was creating a design in my head before I left the store. First, I painted it with steel gray paint. I was going to use white crackle paint for the flat part of the sign but sadly it was dried out (rather disappointed in that as I only used it twice). So I had the idea to use the cheese cloth to represent netting.

A closer view of Tilda:





MiaMia the flamingo was stamped on printed Authentique patterned paper. I just couldn't bring myself to put a hot pink flamingo with this color scheme. Tilda's top was also cut from the same printed paper. I covered the letters with patterned paper too.

We can't forget MiaMia:


Here is what I used to create this beach themed project:

Magnolia Stamps - Flip Flop Tilda & MiaMia Flamingo
Cheese Cloth
Steel Gray paint
Shells & Starfish
Liquid pearls - Blue & White
Authentique Paper & Stickers (mounted on paper) - Collection: Fresh
Distress Ink - Salty Ocean
Copic Markers

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Totally Tilda -Challenge #52 Tilda Having "Summer Fun"
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too- Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this is absolutely AMAZING!!!! My jaw just hit the floor, it's GORGEOUS and TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is wonderful! Love, love, love it!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it!!! How very creative!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen: So glad you joined us at Simply Create Too for Challenge #19 - "Anything Goes". Your beach plaque is beautifully done--love it and your 'new family member too'--sssooo cute!!!!

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is just adorable! I love the little boat bases, too! How very creative! It just makes me smile! You put so much love into this and it shows. It is fantastic!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling and creative project, Karen. I love your Tilda and MiaMia Flamingo. They are so sweet. I'm going to have to visit Michaels more often. That BEACH sign with the flip flops are fabulous. I bet it makes a great centerpiece.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative, this is gorgeous, very clever Karen
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this is sooo... creative. Love the cheesecloth. Terrific uses of your DP's. And your flip flops are so cute. Fabulous job you did on this project. Love it.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Fantastic Karin, so very imaginative. Love all the details.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful creation thanks for joining us at 2sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great, I think this would look great as a centerpiece. You did a beautiful job with it and I love all the colors you used too. Tilda is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! This is an amazing project!!! Ty for joining us @ Simply Create Too for this weeks challenge!


    Amanda
    Simply Create Too DT Member
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super creation Karen. I love it.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh now, this is too cute!! I love all the details you added, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing design, I love it all.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Totally Tilda.
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! this is beautiful. thanks for joining us at totally tilda & good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beyond adorable. Great work of art!

    ReplyDelete

  18. This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like reading a post that can make men and women think.

    Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!