Saturday, April 23, 2016

Mixed Media Canvas

Happy Saturday,

What another gorgeous day in paradise. I started this canvas about 3 weeks ago and it has gone through several renditions before I was happy with the way it looked.

I painted the canvas with heavy black Gesso. Used molding pasted and Prima acrylic paint to create a portion of my background. Have you used the Prima foils yet, you should try them. That is how I added that glitzy gold in the background. To take the edge off the black I sprayed my canvas with gold and white Prima spray. I chose Julie Nutting's Ruby for my design, I paper pieced her and some beautiful jewelry, she has sparkly tights and shiny shoes. I chose her paper Belle Vie (just love this paper). The butterflies were cut from a Cheery Lynn Butterfly dies. I used Prima flowers, metals and stickers.

 I am entering my canvas in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge - #195 Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends - #19 Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at CWF

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Crafting With Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work of art! Your Prima doll is so vintage and the butterflies so elegant and it all looks perfect together!! I love your canvas.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!