Thursday, January 15, 2015

Flower Pot

Wow! Can you believe that it is already the middle of of January? I have to say I am enjoying the temperate weather in Northern Florida. Soon it will be spring and flowers will be blooming all around. For my Magnolia Forever DT challenge "Blue" I decided to create this flower pot with Tilda in the Garden. She is too adorable.

Here is how I created my project. I purchased the paper mache flower pot in Michaels. I sprayed the pot with Prima Bloom Spray. To create the butterfly and dragon fly sticks I used straws that I covered with Tim Holtz tissue tape and add a pearl to the top of each one. The inside of the pot was filled with these beautiful blue and white flowers. I used Magnolia large butterfly, butterfly and dragon fly doohickey dies. The other butterfly die is from Memory Box. I added trim, butterflies, seed packets and Tilda to the outside design of the flower pot.

I hope I inspired you today to create something.  Thanks for stopping by!


Closer view of Tilda



A view of the side of the flower pot.


 I am entering my project in the following challenges:
Totally Tilda - #111 Anything Goes
Thru the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - #42 Anything Goes
Crafting When We Can - #85 Anything but a Card




11 comments:

  1. I love the colors on your pot and the butterflies are so cute. Tilda is beautiful and perfect for this, I love your pot it is so cheery and hopeful for summer!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty little flowerpot. Beautifully decorated and embellished with those sweet butterflies and dragonfly and little Tilda. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flower pot. Just perfect for these cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, stunning creation! Love the flowers and 'flies! And your image is darling and beautifully colored! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, and talk about cheerful! Love the colors and especially that adorable Tilda.

    hugs,
    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.....beautiful work, love your colors.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flower pot so much Karen, it's absolutely gorgeous and Tilda is adorable!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning design and what a fun project.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! What a wonderful project! Have you thought about making a tutorial to be published in Through the Craftroom Door? We would love to see it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with Through the Craftroom Door this week and please come and join us again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!