Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An Apple A Day



Yesterday we had torrential rain and flooding. My ride home yesterday was very scary. We live in a hilly area and the water was gushing down the road like a river. In one spot I couldn't tell if there was any road left. Driveways were washed away and the sides of the roads were very intimidating. Today many of the roads were closed. So I had to take a detour. Yikes, I've had enough rain for a while. Our neighbor said his rain gauge measured nine inches of rain in 3 hours. WOW!

I made this card this weekend, another teacher card. I transformed Edwin with Butterfly to Edwin with Apple.  A close-up of Edwin.


Here is what I used to create my card:
Magnolia Stamp - Edwin with Butterfly
Copic Markers
Die Namics - Leaf Die
Memory Box Die - Macarena Corner
Basic Grey paper
Chipboard
Twine
Flowers from my stash
Jolee's School Embellishments

I am entering this card in Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. Sweet card, Karen. Edwin is so handsome. Love those apples.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you made it home safely. Please send some of that rain to Texas!!! Your card is adorable! Love that you swapped the butterfly for an apple. Love the backpack Edwin is sitting on too! Hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful card, I love the apple
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this male criss cross card is stunning. I love the colours and the stamp is lovely.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just precious, Karen! I love the color you achieved on the apple - it's perfect! Your coloration of Edwin is spot on! Love the clear colors of the flowers against the paper. it is a wonderful card! I just love it!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card and you did a great job with the apple replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable transformation! Fabulous job!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... This is what I called AWESOME!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful criss cross card Karen. Cute little green apple embellishment on the pull out card tab!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, it's wonderful. Love the substitution for the apple. This Edwin is my fave Edwin. You've done a beautiful job in coloring him and I love the colours you've chosen. Terrific job on the criss cross card.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Karen :-)

    thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be living near me, for days we have been having rain and hail like that. I love your cheery card, the flowers are pretty and I love what you did with the apple in Edwins hand as well as the embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful and clever job you have done. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the criss cross cards.
    Very Cheerful!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen this is a wonderful apple card, so sweet.
    Blessings Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card and love the fact you used an apple in place of the butterfly! Very creative and great job on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Karen, I love how you have Edwin sitting on his backpack satchel. Those apples and the layout are fabulous.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors. Great idea to have Edwin sit on his backpack.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!