Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shabby Chic Altered Canvas

Welcome to another great challenge over at 7 Kids College Fund. This week is embellishments.

 So get out you embellishments and create a card or a project. I created an altered canvas. It took me quite awhile to see how I wanted it laid out. I painted the canvas with acrylic paint after it was dry I stenciled the bird cage, the leaves and tree branch and the honey comb design. I used Viva Decor modeling cream after it was dry I used alcohol ink to add color to my design. I stamped the two butterflies and used fran tage on the two other butterflies. The fran tage was used on the tag and inside the picture frame. The ribbon is recycled from a box of candy. To complete my canvas I used bling, flowers, feathers, frilly trim and a wooden bird. The flower in the bottom right I used Viva Decor Inka Gold. The product is great. You get a beautiful color with a little shimmer. I hope I inspired  you today.



Here is a collage with some close up photos


Melissa Frances - Dorchester KeyholesBlossom Resin Embellishment, Edwardian Frame
Cryogen Paper
Liquid Scrap Dots
Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Viva Decor - Inka Gold - Steel Blue, Green/Yellow, Old Silver, Silver
Stampendous Frantage - Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel
Jet Black Archival Ink
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Applicator and Replacement Felt

I am entering my canvas in the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Always Anything Goes
All Sorts #207- True Blue
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired by Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Wags n Whiskers - Anything Goes
Cards Galore - A Tim Holtz Homage

11 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. Love all the different elements and the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous canvas and superb use of my all time fab Timmy stamp set.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on here. It has a vintage feel and very girly embellishments which I adore. This would make a beautiful gift too.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! WOW!!! Just my thing, I love embellishment!!! Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous job, and such beautiful colors! Thanks so much for joining us for the Wags n Whiskers Challenge! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely have the embellishments covered for that challenge! LOL!! What an awesome canvas collage! Love the colors and well...all of the embellishments! :) Very cute image and beautifully colored! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!

    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab altered canvas. Lots of lovely embellies and images. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. We hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous project! Love all your details and the design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create and Wags n Whiskers. Hope you have a great day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW....this is mind blowing drop dead FANTASTIC! Karen, you've outdone yourself! Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project!
    Thank you for joining us on the Wags 'n Whiskers Anything Goes Challenge!
    Yolanda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!