Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tilda and Edwin hit the Beach

Hello,

I don't know about you but I am ready for beach weather. That is what inspired me to make this scene with Edwin in Miami and Tilda in Key Largo. I colored my images with Copic Markers and paper pieced Edwin's shirt and Tilda's dress. You can purchase Edwin over at the Magnolia Licious Store.

Fran tage was used to give the effect of water and sand. I used stencils with Viva Blending Cream and then went over them with alcohol inks. I use a very thin like tissue paper which kind of resembled sand and matching paper to collage my canvas. The seashells are some that I have collected when I visited my son. The palm tree was chip board. I painted the trunk with Twinkling H2O's and the leaves I used Inka Old Silver and Green/Yellow. For the final effect I sprayed the tree with Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist.

The paper is from Authentique as is all the sentiments. Corner pieces and the star are Melissa Francis. I added netting, ribbon and the sun (which I added fine glitter to) to finish my design.

Here is a close up of Edwin:


And now for Tilda:

 I am entering my project in the following challenges:
Magnolia Licious - Ways to Weather It!
You and Me Magnolia - Challenge #14 Anything Goes
Midweek Magnolias - Week#62 A Colour Challenge
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
It's A Magnolia Challenge #57 Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very cute!! Love the scene and the extra artistic elements you did. Fabulous!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is fantastic!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous beach card, lovely coloring and beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a truly amazing scene you've created here! Absolutely fabulous creation!

    Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create and good luck!

    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... i am totally ready for the beach too!! And some how I think we are not the only one ;p Great impression of your feelings did you make and thank you for playing with our IAMC challenge :D

    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute creation, thanks for joining in at YMAM

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous my friend!!! I totally agree with you, ready for the beach! :) Have a great holiday weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute scene and love the images and embellishments-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun project! Definitely ready for the beach :)
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and sweet project. Pretty details with lovely design :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous creation this is Karen, great design and so many amazing details. Thank you for joining in our colour challenge over at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is just a fabulous effort! So much texture, detail and depth, not to mention the fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning creation. Love the image and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How creative, this looks awesome
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!