Monday, August 4, 2014

A Blog Hop with a Difference

Good Evening! So to be so late in the day.

 Kelly Neis asked me to participate in a Blog Hop With a Difference so that we can get to know each other more.   Kelly and I worked on 7Kids College Fund together as Co-DT Leaders and became fast friends. We have a lot in common and enjoy sharing ideas, laughing, and oh shopping online. Although this can be quite dangerous. I feel blessed to have a good friend in Kelly.

Here are the questions I will try to answer for you.

What am I working on?

I am using Prima Bloom Sprays on my canvas. I absolutely love them. I do however, recommend you use a sealer on your finished projects as the sprays are sometimes a little tacky. I used Lime, Iris and Gold Foil Sprays then to darken parts of my design I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Green Moss and Concord Grape.
I chose Magnolia Postal Stamp and Magnolia DooHickey Dragonfly Die. To complete my design I used Prima Resin embellishments, tulle, flowers, bling, metal flower, misc. stamps,chipboard butterfly (used white picket fence crackle paint by Tim Holtz,  lace trim and paper (Pion and Maja).







How Does my Creating Process Work?

  My creative process is sparked by colors, textures, and goodies. I do create my projects in my head first. However, they do morph as they come together. My favorite stamps and dies are Magnolia. The papers I love to use are from Maja and Pion. If you can't tell I love pink. I love frilly, girly with lots of flowers and beautiful trim. Sometimes a DP, stamp or and embellishment just really helps my creative juices flow.


Magnolia Printers Tray


Handmade flower using lace and twinkling H20's


Prima Doll Canvas

Shabby Chic Magnolia Wall Hanging


My most recent Printer's Tray


Why do I create altered project and canvases?

I really like to work on a project that takes some time. I feel that with these types of projects the sky is the limit. They actually take on a life of their own. It is fun to create beautiful scenes and to give them away as gifts.

How Does my Work Differ From other Genre?

I think all of us have a specialty. I believe mine is capturing all the details. I like my work to look finished and balanced. My husband actually when solicited gives me advice on whether I should add something or not. I feel blessed that he supports my habit.

Because of my past Design Teams I have made some very nice friends.  Only1of my friends were able to join in this blog hop with me, Karen Stark from Karen's Fun blog.  I was as fortunate as Kelly to meet another blogger, Penny Mull from 9 Hawks and Dragonfly this is how great friendships begin.

 I chose Karen Stark as I really enjoy her work. Karen is part of the Magnolia-Licious Design Team. Karen is very creative and kind. Her cards are beautiful and I just love her vintage, shabby chic style. She has the sweetest baby grandson.  Karen and I got to know each other last year when we figure out that our birthdays were both in July. Yes, I am a little older than Karen.  I hope you go visit her blog Karen's Fun blog and she will do her blog hop on Monday August 11th.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Karen

I am entering my canvas the following challenges.
Magnolia Licious - Animals or Accessories
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Sisters of Craft - August Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - #205 Anything Goes
4 Crafty Girlz - #23 Anything Goes




8 comments:

  1. WOW! I adore this canvas and I call dibs on it!! Love it!!! Your words are so nicely written like you speak, you are a talented and sweet friend, so glad we are friends.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the canvas, very creative, It's always a pleasure to pop in and see your beautiful works
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work!!! I love how creative you are and your projects are always fun to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, Karen! I love all the colors, items, and textures you chose and put together! I see that Kelly has called dibs, lol! :^)
    Love your other pieces, too. You have a fantastic creative style, and it shows on each item you make! So glad we got to know you a bit better--thanks for participating in this blog hop. And bless your hubby! :^)
    BTW, my birthday is in July, too! Lots of Ruby babies, huh? :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWIE, Karen! Every project is just gorgeous! They just kept coming and coming and delightfully so! Thanks for entering our challenge at Magnolia-licious this month. Please come back for our next challenge.
    Hugs, Barb
    Magnolia-licious DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay,,, officially stuck for words... so much creativity.. wow!! thank you so much for entering it into the Sister's of Craft challenge and good luck. Tina DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous projetcs you made! I like all little details :-))
    Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!