Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Butterflies and Dragonflies

Happy Wednesday Midweek Magnolia Fans,

Today I would like to share my altered box with you. I repurposed  a wooden chocolate box. First I painted the box with white chalk paint, stenciled a flower on each side of the box, sprayed with Prima Bloom Sprays Peony and Gold Foil, took a sea sponge and dabbed Tim Holtz Green Moss distress ink to create the look of my box. The inside of the box is lined with Maja paper. I sprayed the lace on the bottom with cotton candy. To create the color on the stenciled flowers I used a dauber with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany. Each side of the box was stamped with images from Graphic 45 "A Secret Garden". Inside the box I used Magnolia Doo Hickey Dies Dragon Fly and Doily Flowers. To create the pearl polka dots on the outside of the box I used Liquid Pearls. The cover of my box is two hearts one plan traced with the outside covered with trim then layered over that is the heart die from Mariane Dies. And lastly the star of my project is the Large Butterfly Magnolia stamp. I paper pieced the butterfly with Maja paper, used some White Shabby Frantage and liquid pearls.

Come join us at Midweek Magnolia for our "Decorate a gift bag or a box".

            Magnolia Sweden








Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of you week.


5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Karen this is fabulous! Your creative genius at work again.
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous paper piecing on the butterfly and then you added the tulle and ribbon and you made a beautiful topper to this fun and elegant box. I love how you open it up to the secret garden, very creative and beautiful in design. I really love the outside, that is fabulous, love it!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!