Saturday, December 1, 2012

Interactive Holiday Tag



Good Afternoon,

Today I have made a Christmas Tag which is also a goodie holder. I love this stamp and is so appropriate for my youngest son who is now working at Snow Valley in Idaho. He is a wonderful man who is so encouraging and supportive to me! He is one of my biggest fans. I miss him very much.

I decided to make this fun tag for him and of course it will contain some special gift. I used this chipboard mitten and on the back attached an envelope with a small tag. The envelope can hold cash, check or a gift card. The small tag is a pull out and I have attached some twine to make it easier to pull.

A closer view of Edwin:



The back of the tag which is interactive:



Here are the items I used to create my tag:

Magnolia Stamp - Ski Edwin with Snowflakes
Memory Box Dies - Frosty Border & Crystal Snowflake
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Spellbinders - Labels #1
Misc. Paper from my stash
Copic Markers - - Face E000, E00, R01 ; Clothes B90, B93, B96; Boots C1, C3, C5; Skis E41, E43, E44; Hair E31, Y20, Y21
Tim Holtz - Token
Ribbon, Twine
Distress Ink -Evergreen Boughs
Sentiments - Memory Box & Amuse
Fine Glitter
Snow Writer

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Magnolia-licious Highlites - Holiday Blog Hop - Interactive Holiday Tags
Hooked on Crafts - Challenge 57 Christmas
Tilda's Town - Challenge #29 Celebrate Christmas
Pixie Dust Studio - Winter Holiday Creations


P.S. Don't miss out on my "12 Days of Christmas" Blog Candy

21 comments:

  1. I love what you've done to this tag - it is so cotton-pickin' cute! The button on the back makes it! I'm s'mitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea and I do love mittens. Sounds like your son is a skier. I cannot think of a neater card to send him especially with a surprise inside!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooo cute I love the mitten shape! What a perfect tag for a guy! You always do such fun creations!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, your mitten tag is so cute. Great job.
    Hugs Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, I love the mitten shape, very pretty card
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen!
    I love your mitten tag. Gorgeous coloring.
    super idea.
    Hugs maz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! What an awesome tag! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Karen I have one of those son's too, they hold a special place in our hearts. I love the mitten idea for a tag and Edwin looks fabulous on it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, you've changed your blog design! When did you do that? I just noticed it.
    Beautiful tag, Karen. I simply love this adorable Edwin--love that dark deep shade of green for his outfit. The mitt is a terrific shape for a tag. Exquisite diecuts. Love the tag!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag, love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how sweet, Karen. I love the cute mitten card shape and Edwin looks fabulous. This is perfect for the Interactive Hop Challenge. Good Luck.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute idea and image:-) Thought I'd stop by and say welcome to the CMC team:-)
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute! I love that Edwin and love what you did with him on this mitten shaped gift..Your coloring is fantastic to. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great design for a tag! Wonderful job Karen! Love your Edwin with the beautiful snowflake die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous. Your son will love it! Isn't it wonderful having the people we love support us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun mitten shape base and cute pull out tag. Lovely project Karen. Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town, Celebrate Christmas challenge, good luck and hope to see you again next week. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week.
    Hugs,
    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, love the great shape and fabulous colouring
    Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love the mitten shape of your card. Beautiful design and coloring. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!