Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Memories of the Beach





Hello,

Did everyone have a great Christmas? I had a wonderful Christmas with my son and daughter-in-law in Florida. Yes, sunshine and warm weather. The beach is what gave me the inspiration to alter this cigar box. The seashells are actually from the beach here in Florida.




I covered the box with paper from Authentique and Graphic 45. I used the Graphic 45 paper to embellish the box. I stamped Miamia with the Graphic 45 paper. I used the cheesecloth as netting to create the arrangement with the seashells and the starfish.  I decided to spruce up the sides of the box with clear bling.



I kept the inside of the box simple so that the inside could be used to store items.

Here is a view of the bottom of the box:



 I hope I have inspired you today!  Thanks for stopping by!


You can purchase the below items at 7 Kids College Fund or click on the links:
Magnolia Stamp - Miamia the Flamingo
Paper Authentique - Fresh
Paper Graphic 45 -  Place in Time
Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Metal Box Feet Foundations


DON'T Forget my Blog Candy. I just need 10 more followers to draw the goodies.


I am entering this in the following challenges:
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Bingo (Blue, Sparkle, Pattern DP)
Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - #120


14 comments:

  1. Fun box, I love it! You are a tease when I am in MN at -6 brrrrr, enjoy the heat for me!
    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Karen. I love how you repurpose items and turn them into lovely creations. This one is lovely. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the coming new year.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Your work is always stunning. I am so happy you had a fabulous Christmas with your son and daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful project and so very creative and well done. Thanks for joining us this week for Bingo. Just a heads up it took me a while to find this because the link takes you to an older project, you may want to re-do. And I joined you as a follower and will add your 12 days of Christmas to my side bar.
    Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic job on the box. You managed to get the sparkle, dp and a little blue in it, but you have not linked it to the project. You linked it to your blog in general. Can you link it to just this project and re-enter it in Tammy's Scrapin Corner?
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen your box is stunning! Luv the starfish, so beautiful. Happy you had a great Christmas and 83 degrees oh my word!

    Hugs-Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic altered box! Fun!!! Enjoy the warm weather while I shovel snow up here in SW PA. Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH - what a beautiful creation ! Love that you have collected - and used - things from where your are/have been
    Happy new year!

    :-) Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous and such a wonderful project for keeping those special memories in. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation honey. Looks like you've sorted out the link correctly which is great thank you! Thank you for joinin us for our challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Good luck and hope to see you again next week! Have a great new year!
    Hugs
    Sharon - DT of Tammys Scrapin Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another cool and beautiful altered project. Sweet box :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful decorated box Karen!!
    Thank you for joining us at DMCC
    Nice weekend
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  14. wauw wat schitterend gemaakt
    bedankt voor je deelname aan dmcc
    gr miriam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!