Thursday, January 10, 2013

Birthday Tag


Happy Thursday,

I hope your week is going well. Today I made this simple tag. I used my Spellbinders to cut out the tag.



Here are the steps I used to create the bottom layer of my tag:
1. I used the Distress Ink to cover the paper (it kind of looks tied died).
2. Heat dry tag.
3. Stamp tag with Distress Ink.
4. Dust on Perfect Pearls Powder. Clean off excess powder.
5. Mist light with water.
6. Heat dry tag.

I used Inky Impressions Stamp Zoe's Birthday Cupcake. I love dogs so this stamp makes my heart smile. I colored Zoe with Copic Makers E44, E43, E42, E41, R20, B91, B93, YG93. Y00, R81, R83. I added a little glitter to her hat to add a festive flair. Add some ribbon and a sentiment and there you have it a festive birthday tag! I hope I have given you some inspiration today to try a new technique. Below is a photo some of the supplies I used. Have a great rest of your week!


I am entering my tag in the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday -Challenge #197 Don't Be Square
Make it Monday - Challenge #122

2 comments:

  1. Your tag is adorable, Karen. Love the image and the use of the distress inks.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Karen, Such a wonderful idea with the spellbinders!...
    Thank you for sharing with us this week at 'Make it Monday'...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!