Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snails Tails, Puppy Dog Tails What’s a Girl To Do



I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! Are you getting a lot of crafting done or are you a football fan? Either way it has been a great weekend.

I found these adorable wooden boxes at Michaels for 60 cents. I finally decided to make this little box for the tooth fairy. I painted the box with paint -Softened Violet then I used Antique Linen Distress Ink on the edges of the box to give it an antique look. The letters are covered with paper by So Sophie Graceful and the edges are also inked with the Antique Linen Distress Ink. On the top of the box I added three purple flowers and I used my Memory Box Tilda Buckle die and added some ribbon.





I have really taken a liking to the Magnolia animal stamps. They are just so adorable. For this project I used Rufus the dog and the snail. They are both colored with Copic markers. I used some flower wire for the antennas on the snails. I attached them to the sides of the box.

Inside the box I added lavender netting. The small envelope is for the tooth fairy. A note was created for the tooth fairy and a ribbon was attached to the top of the note.



The box will be going to a little girl who had just started getting her teeth!! Thanks for stopping by! I love all your comments and support.

14 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea Karen. Your box is so stinkin' cute and I love how you've done each side. The little note to the Tooth Fairy with matching envelope is sweet! Hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - wonderful and I really love it!! When you get to be very old, the tooth fairly visits you again.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! This is a wonderful keepsake nicely done Karen
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is just too cute. Awesome project and you've decorated the box so cute. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, she will love the box. You made it really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea! You did a great job! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative Linda! You did an amazing project!!! Thanks a lot for sharing!! Have a great week!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute ideal would be a great gift to a child
    something very special. I love your tooth fairy box.
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, love the little envelope. Wish we had a Michaels here. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my what a great idea!!!! I am sure she will be delighted with this!!!! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative! Great job!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely Gift idea this is. Beautiful creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!