Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tilda Celebrates St. Patty's Day



Hello Magnolia Fans,

I am not big on celebrating St. Patty's Day however, my mom does and my son why he thinks he is Irish. Last week when I was in Michaels I found this clover book and decided to make a couple of decorations for my mom and son. I finished my mom's today.

I used Summer Tilda with Hat and she became Tilda St. Patty's style. I colored her with Copic Markers E000, E00, E11, E41, E42, E43, E25, E31, E50, G21, G26, G40, R20, W00, and W01. I added some yellow glitter pen to the hearts on her dress and bow then added a little green bling as the buttons on her top (this was my husband's suggestion).

The background paper I bought at Michaels and the other paper was from my stash. I sprayed the doily with Forest Green Glimmer Mist. I absolutely love Elegant Scrollwork die from Memory Box which I used to embellish the ornament. The pot of gold and the shamrock are embellishments from Jolee's Boutique.

Here is a close up of Tilda.



On the back I used my Cricut and cut out the letters for "Happy St. Patty's Day!". I finished with a green bow to hang the decoration.



Let me know what you think! Thanks as always for stopping by with your encouragement and "sweet" comments.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Just Magnolia and hAnglar and stAnglar - Challenge #145 Romantic Doily
Simply Magnolia-Blings and Bows

13 comments:

  1. OMG - this is too cute!!! Tilda really looks like she's irish!! The papers, the scrollworks, the clover book...all looks so perfect!! Erin Go Bragh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love that Tilda in her green dotted top celebrating St. Patty's Day and sitting on her pot o' gold!

    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! You've made Tilda shine on her pot o' gold! Hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this is way too cute. Love Tilda sitting on the pot of gold, neat idea.
    Blessings, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifull card. I love the shape of it.

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and i love the shape and all the swirls.
    Lovely details,
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! this is so cute! I love the shape of your card, clever idea! very lovely details, and cute tilda ! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous st. paddy card. Love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow karen the whole design is just gorgeous!!!!! I love it!!!!! Tilda looks so adorable!!!!! Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect for St.Patty's Day! I love how you coloured her outfit and bow. Just adorable and I'm sure your mom and son will love it. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how this turned out! You did a Fab job! Cute..cute....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!