Friday, February 24, 2012

Spring Fling Invite



Well the weather here today has been quite eventful. Snow, rain, sleet, ice and now snow!Yikes and yesterday it was 50 degrees. It hasn't stopped me from crafting.

Today I made a spring invitation from Tilda to Edwin. I found these cool postcards on Monday when I went shopping. I used Tilda as a butterfly;she was colored with Copic Markers B63, B66, B69, E000, E00, E11, E31, E35, YR20, G21, G40, G00, C01, and C03. I added silver glitter pen to her cap and wings.

The Viola paper and polka dot paper is from Memory Box. I used my new Memory Box Dies Woodrow Rosette and Elegant Scrollwork. The sentiment "You're Invited" was placed in the upper corner.

On the back for the postcard; I used stamp that is a stamp. Used Copics to color the butterflies. Lastly, I hand wrote the invitation to Edwin. Here is a view of the back of the card.



Let me know if you think Edwin will accept Tilda's invitation. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

I am entering the postcard in the following challenge:
MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS HIGHLITES - SPRING

14 comments:

  1. A very cute idea! Don't know if Edwin accepted or not, but I think your post card is delightful! Happy weekend! hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my alltime favourite Tilda's, Beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, lovely idea and the colouring is fab.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postcard is so cute!! This is one of my favorite Tilda images and you have colored her wonderfully! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your invitation! Your right, the weather has been absolutely crazy this year here in St. Louis, MO, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your invite! I am sure he wouldnt turn her down. Love the card your colouring in great. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea to send Edwin a letter from Tilda. And Tilda did a beautiful job with the invitation. Great details and her coloring is fabolous. Love it!!
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really neat - oh how I would love to find the same post cards!!!! the colors are wonderful. Did Edwin respond?
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo stinkin cute! I LOVE ho wyou did that cool flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome design and that flower is gorgeous!!!! Wow karen what a superb invitation!!!!! Wow beautiful work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how cute is this! I love the postcard!! Tilda is just so adorable. This is very creative and very cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, thanks for sharing. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute Karen! :-) Happy to see that you still blog all the time! I will add your blog to my list so I can see your beautiful creations more often. I haven't done ANY scrapbooking in a long time, but I'm going to a scrapping party at the end of March.. Yay :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and THANK YOU for leaving a comment!!

    Jenn at A House Built Upon A Rock

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!