Monday, February 20, 2012

Tilda With Rubber Boots Blue and Brown



It was so nice to have a long weekend! It was sunny and beautiful for the middle of February. I was able to shop, craft and spend quality time with my wonderful husband.
How was your weekend?

Here is a card I created for the Magnolia-licious Challenge -Blue and Brown. I decided to create a Mother's Day Card. It is a little early but I thought I would get a head start.

I used Tilda with Rubber Boots. I colored her with Copic markers E000, E00, E11, E41, E42, E43, E25, E31, E50, B91, B93, and B95. The polka dot paper is from Memory Box and the paper showing through the window, window box and flowers is from Bo Bunny. I inked all the edges with Distress Ink- Tattered Twigs. To embellish the card I used a muse token from Tim Holtz, add blue & brown pearl bling, twine and light blue ribbon. After some inspiration from Julie Price I added polka dots to Tilda's dress and bow.

The dies are from Poppy Stamps. I used the Small Madison Window, Small Flower Box, Ivy Tendrils, and Wildflower Patch.

Here is a close-up and the inside of the card.





Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are so appreciated.

I am entering this card in the following challenge:

Magnolia-licious Challenge - Blue and Brown

19 comments:

  1. Great!! I love this Tilda! She looks so cute next to that window!! Awesome looking card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen! This is just so delightful in blue and brown! You've colored this sweet Tilda beautifully, I notice how fabulous those pleats are and the inside papers are gorgeous! Glad you enjoyed your long weekend! We did too! Hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thisis really beautiful, Karen!!! LOVE the colors and her dress looks fantastic!! A truly wonderful card!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute window on the front of this Tilda card. Love the great use of the DP inside. Such a pretty card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous coloring on this card Karen.
    Gorgeous card.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!!! I love her dress!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tilda is so sweet with her dotted dress and I adore that window you've created!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how adorable! Love the polka dots, soooo pretty!!! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, I love love loveeeee her dress, the polka dots are totally awesome!!! What a gorgeous gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully coloured, just lovely
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so sweet, I love Tilda's spotty dress, where can I get one lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...really love your card! The polka dots on Tilda's dress are smashing too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love this card!!!! What a gorgeous little scene!!!! Your coloring and design are just magical!!!! Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your mise en scène and this beautiful color combo. tilda is very pretty and nicely colored. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful coloring, love the dress and love the scene. Great way to use the window die.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot believe I have not seen this card - Karen I am so behind in my snooping but when I am making a card it seems I get behind in everything else!!! I love the window and the scene you have created. I love windows for some reason - so much possibility. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!