Monday, September 30, 2013

Winter Edwin with Christmas Lantern

Hello Maggie Lovers,

It is a going to be a gorgeous week here in NH. Sunny, blue sky, beautiful foliage, and perfect temperatures. My nephew now has a name it is Connor, Scott. I went to see him again yesterday and he is just so cuddly.

Today I am featuring a mitten card with Winter Edwin with Christmas Lantern. I cover my two mitten piece with Maja Design- It's Christmas Time. I also paper pieced Edwin's clothing with the same paper. I colored Edwin's skin with E000, E00, R20 and hair E50, YR51, YR53. For his wings and mittens I used some fine glitter.




I used the So Jolly Sentiment and my flower paper shaper punch (from Stampn' Up). To embellish my card I used my new Cozy Big Snowflake a Magnolia Doo Hickey Die, ribbon, charm and Shabby White Frantage.

Here a a couple of closer views of Edwin:



The inside of the card which I apologize it was difficult to photograph:


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Simply Magnolia: Die Cuts/Punches
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia : #79 Use a Charm
Tilda's Town - #72 Christmas
Marvelous Magnolia - #46 Christmas

13 comments:

  1. wow.....what a nice idea. Very creative und beautiful.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Kathy. Love the mitten shape and Edwin looks awesome in his sporting outfit. :)
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mitten shape and the gorgeous snowflakes, Thanks so much for joining us at LHOSM
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Mitten shape and fun winter card Karen. Love the fun snowing texture :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! love the colors and Edwin is fabulous! I really love the mitten, so cute and this is a great Christmas card idea!
    Have a great day.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colors Karen - beautiful Christmas card.
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shape! Love this Edwin with your vintage papers. Thanks for joining us this week at Marvelous Magnolia. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Edwin stamp and you have colored him up so beautifully. I am totally digging the mitten and your embellies are gorgeous!

    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous shaped card! Edwin is so handsome! :). Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutie!
    I never saw this one before!
    Thank you for taking part in the Tilda's Town challenge blog this week. Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Love the shape of your card so as the gorgeous Edwin!!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Tilda's Town challenge this week

    Hugs
    Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Edwin is adorable! I love the shaped card and your coloring is amazing!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow fab card design, lovely colours too, thanks for sharing with us at LHOSM, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!