Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tilda all Pretty in Pink




Hello,
Well we got some more snow today! Heavy wet stuff. Fortunately, it has gotten a little warmer. We are now in the 30’s Yahoo…. I would prefer 80 degrees.

I had such a great time making an altered canvas; I decided to try another one. I tried some new techniques after getting some tips from Kelly. I actually repurposed this canvas.
First, I painted the canvas with Gesso to cover up the old paint. I chose my paper, tore it into the sizes I wanted. Used a multi-medium matte to secure all my paper in place. I let the canvas dry overnight. Then I used two colors of acrylic paint; a shimmering pink and a tan. I painted in random areas and before it dried I misted the canvas and lightly wiped away some of the paint with a paper towel. I stamped a few areas with different stamps to compliment my design. I used lots of bling, ribbon and flowers to embellish the canvas. To complete the look I used Tim Holtz tape and secured it around the edges with the multi-media matte.

Here is a closer look at Tilda:



Below are the items I used to complete my design:
Repurposed Canvas
Carta Bella Paper – Paris
Cryogen Paper
Copic Maker
Magnolia Stamps – Chocolate, Luggage, Tilda ( I couldn't find her name)
Doohickey  Die – Vintage Tag
Tim Holtz Die – Weathered Clock
Cherry Lynn – Flourish Die
Memory Box Die – Pastry Label
Flowers
Bling
Cheese cloth
Tm Holtz Curio Knob
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous - Papillon
Prima Wooden Embellishment
Claudine Helmuth - Studio Gesso and Multi-Medium Matte

I am entering my project in the following challenges:
Simply Magnolia – Anything Goes
Simon Says - Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. So pretty, Karen. Love your Tilda, fabulous flowers and pearls. The darling knob on top adds such a nice touch.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love the color combo! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and elegant creation :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the swirls of pearls, fantastic card.
    hugs Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Karen. Pretty Tilda. Wonderful colours scheme. Love those pearly swirls.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a natural at making canvases with Magnolias! I love how stately she sits with the beautiful things all around her. She is colored so perfect and fits the color scheme and the knob is great! I love knobs but haven't tried one yet. I am waiting for my daughter to make me a wire and bead hanger for mine. Canvases are so fun and I love yours, have a great day.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, Karen!!!! I guess we are all getting in on this canvas art! I really love it, but I think I need a class! Wonderful colors and details! Love seeing all the different artwork and being inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card Karen. I love that paper! The embellishments are beautiful too! (as is Tilda!) :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so pretty, I love the gorgeous lowers and wonderful papers, very sweet
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWWWWW this is just amazing karen!!!!! Such beautiful colors and flowers!!!!!! Wow outstanding details !!!!!! Spectacular card!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen, your card is so pretty, very shabby chic. Lovely colours and details. Thankyou for joining us at Simply Magnolia. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous canvas Karen, so many pretty details to look at and such lovely colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Totally Tilda (please don't forget to activate your link for Totally Tilda to qualify for the fabby prize)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this stunning Tilda creation ..beautiful colours & design lovely embellies fab take on the chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda chall this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Totally Tilda. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!